Social Trends Institute
- How to Sift Reliable News from the Cacophony yesterday
- 2016 in a Nutshell 18 days ago
- Does divorce contribute to social inequalities? 21 days ago
- Marriage and family life in contemporary societies
- Ethical dimension of science and biotechnology
- Contemporary cultural trends with an interdisciplinary perspective
- The governance of the business corporation
STI is an independent, non-profit research center that offers institutional and financial support to academics in all fields who seek to make sense of emerging social trends and their effects on human communities.
- one month ago
The workshop is intended to bring together scholars to explore whether there has been a change in the organization of global governance, what has produced this change, and whether this change is good or bad for achieving progress on the world’s most pressing global issues.
- 3 months ago
This workshop, organized by the 'Emotional Culture and Identity' project at the University of Navarra, is co-sponsored by STI and the Institute for Culture and Society (ICS).
- 9 months ago
Law professor Naomi R. Cahn (George Washington University) will debate sociologist W. Bradford Wilcox (University of Virginia) on marriage and inequality. Catherine Rampell, a columnist at the Washington Post, and Kay Hymowitz, the William E. Simon Fellow at the Manhattan Institute, will serve as respondents.
Following the experts meeting of the same name, this book analyzes the importance of the media in modern society. The changing nature of communication is especially important because media and communication platforms are increasingly the primary location in which contemporary identity, culture, and values and norms are manifest and contested.
Following the experts meeting of the same name, this book considers the crisis faced by modern journalism, questioning whether 'crises' can't be reformulated as opportunities for change.
Spanish translation of the World Family Map 2015 Report, Mapping Family Change and Child Well-being Outcomes
Quick-links & downloads
- 10th Anniversary Memorandum
- The Crisis of Journalism Reconsidered: Cultural Power
- Mapping Family Change and Child Well-Being Outcomes
- Intention & Double Effect: Theoretical and Practical Challenges
- What Society Needs from Media in the Age of Digital Communication
- Family Experts
- Experts Meetings
- Fashion,image and Identity
- Is Science Compatible with Our Desire for Freedom?